- Survivor Stories
- •Dynamics of Intimate Partner Violence
- Facts About Domestic Abuse
- How It Works: The Dynamics
- Teen Dating Violence
- • Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Domestic Violence
- For Victims and Survivors
- For Family and Friends
- For Students and Educators
- For Service Providers
- For Attorneys
- Domestic Violence in the Workplace
- Request a Presentation/Training
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) Domestic Violence
Caring Unlimited provides services through all programs to battered lesbians, gay men, people who are bisexual and transgender individuals.
Caring Unlimited welcomes Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgender women in our Support Groups, Emergency shelter and Transitional Housing programs.
Domestic Violence can happen in any relationship, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity.
Power and control wheel for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender domestic violence:
While many tactics of abuse in LGBT relationships are similar to heterosexual relationships, it is important to recognize there are some differences and additional forms of power and control:
Does your partner….
- Threaten to “out” you or tell others about your sexual orientation or gender identity?
- Steal your identity (i.e., open, cancel or access accounts in your name, use your credit cards without your permission, etc)?
- Use homophobia, biphobia or transphobia against you?
- Isolate you from LGBT spaces or limit your interaction with your community?
- Not respect your boundaries physically or sexually?
- Threat to jeopardize your relationship with your children or interfere with your custody?
Caring Unlimited is here to help. Please call our 24 Hour Confidential Hotline if you or someone you know is experiencing LGBT Domestic Violence. 1 (800) 239-7298