- Our Mission and Philosophy
- Our History
- How Caring Unlimited Helps
- •Programs and Services
- Direct Service Programs
- 24-Hour Hotline
- Outreach Services Program
- Legal Assistance and Court Advocacy
- • Emergency Shelter Services
- Transitional Housing and Services
- Children’s Services
- Community Education
- Download Literature
- Caring Unlimited News
- Caring Unlimited Community Partners
- Service Enterprise Certification
Deciding to leave an abusive partner is a difficult decision, requiring a great deal of safety planning. Victims of domestic abuse with pets may have additional obstacles when seeking the safety of an emergency shelter.
Through a partnership with the Animal Welfare Society (AWS), the PAWS (Pets And Women to Safety) Program places pets in a safe, loving foster home while their owners are in shelter.
To learn more about volunteering as a foster home for a pet through PAWS, contact the AWS at: 207-985-3244 or view their website for more information.